Hibiscus (dried, flower)
When consumed regularly in ample quantity, the individual or combined ingredients in this tea naturally:
• Promotes healthy heart -- lowers systolic and diastolic blood pressure, lowers harmful LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, increases good HDL cholesterol
• Anti-oxidant -- reduces harmful effects of free radicals and prevents damage to your body
• Aids in weight loss
• Promotes healthy digestion and has laxative properties
• Promotes liver health
• Boosts immune system -- prevents common cold and fights flu
Havva Brew's Hibiscus Tea features a floral, sour (like cranberry), slightly tart, and high pitched flavor profile.
Preparation and Brewing
HOT CUP (100C / 212F)
1. Put 2g of tea (or 1 tea bag) in a cup, frenchpress, pot, or infuser
2. Pour 4-6oz (120-180ml) of boiling water
3. Steep for 3-5 minutes
4. Remove the tea bag or filter out the tea
COLD BREW (4C / 40F AND BELOW; DO NOT FREEZE)
1. Put 4-5g of tea in a container with tight cap (ideally glass or ceramic)
2. Pour 8oz (240ml) of room-temperature distilled water
3. Put inside the refrigerator (4C/40F), steep for 12-24 hours
4. Filter out the tea
This tea can be considered high tea, and can be taken hot or cold.
You should not mix this tea with milk, but it can be blended with other kinds of flowers, leaves, herbs, spices, and fruit/juices.
To get the optimum health benefits of this tea, drink 3-4 cups, either on full or empty stomach.
NOTE : 1 sachet contains about 2g of this tea.